As happy as i am about DOAD, i still am eager for the inevitable announcement for DOA5. Here is what we know to this point, that may be all the proof we need for DOA5.
- Team ninja heads, when asked about a console DOA said "DOAD is one part of the Dead or alive reboot".
- when asked about a console version again hayashi said "We are working on many things, but right now we are focusing on DOAD"
- The success of DOAD will be a huge part of determining whether or not DOA5 will happen. If tournaments and fans embrace it, its safe to assume that Tecmo koei will want to continue their success. Especially since its looking like DOAD might just pull them out of near bankruptcy along side DW7. And Fans sure are embracing DOAD.
- DOAD is a rehash and perhaps re-write of all 4 doa games, "in order to bring new fans up to date". It also includes new story info of what happens after DOA4. Why would they do this if they weren't prepping new fans and old for a new installment? Especially on a hand held console?
- The amount of feedback TN got over fans wanting a console version or DOAD, or DOA5, has been huge. So we know Hayashi listens to that kind of critic, will he listen this time ?
It isnt much, but it is time for a true sequel, 6 years between sequels is almost unheard of. I think hayashi is just warming his team up for their first attempt at the games without itagaki. And so far they are really nailing every attempt. Other M was amazing, Sigma 2 was a near perfect game, DOAD looks to be just as good. Ninja gaiden 3 will probably blow our minds, and im feeling confident that DOA5 is right around the corner.